Want to show AVCHD MTSÂ videos from your camcorder or cameraÂ on PowerPoint for your presentation? No problem, download the PavTube AVCHD MTS files Converter first.
Microsoft PowerPoint supports many kinds of video file formats, such as AVI, WMV, and MPG. However, it does not support AVCHD MTS file. This guide shows you the way to transfer MTS files to AVI, WMV with trimming the video to the length you want to present on your PowerPoint. The steps can be separated into two sections to insert AVCHD MTS files into PowerPoint:
Part1. Transfer MTS filesÂ to WMV, MPG or AVI with Pavtube AVCHD MTS files Converter .
Part2. Embed video into your PowerPoint.
Step 1: Import AVCHD MTS files to Pavtube AVCHD MTS files Converter
Launch Pavtube AVCHD MTS files Converter and the window below will pops up. Click the Add button on the upper left and navigate to your MTS files location, select those you want to convert and click Open. Now you can find the selected MTS videos in file list. You can select any of them and click play button to preview.
Step 2: Set output format (such as AVI, WMV, and MPG) and output folder
Now select an output format for each video file and specify a directory on your computer to save the output files. Click the Format bar and follow â€śCommon Video-> WMVâ€ť. The MTS files are high-definition videos, if you would like to keep the HD video quality, please follow â€śHD Video -> WMV HD (*.wmv)â€ť.
In order to set advanced audio and video parameter, please click â€śSettingsâ€ť. Here you can set video size, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio channel etc. Available video codec for WMV formats are WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, and VC-1. The MTS to WMV converter also shows you estimated file size. You could set a smaller value in bit rate or frame rate box if you would like to cut down the file size.
When set output folder, please click the folder icon next to â€śOutputâ€ť box and browse to the destination folder.
Step 3: Start transferingÂ MTS files to WMV
Click Convert button and the selected MTS files will be converted at once. If you would like to join several files together, just select these files and check the Merge into one box before click Convert. You may check the converting progress and set auto shutdown in the convert window.
Tip: Footages shot by some camcorders may ends up interlaced. Juggled edges and ghosting occurs when you preview the MTS files. In that case you can set deinterlace effect to eliminate the combing. Follow Edit->Effect->Deinterlacing.
Now, I will introduce two methods on “How to insert a video into PowerPoint 2007″.
Method 1: Direct insertion
Step 1: On the Insert tab, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from File.
Step 2: Click the video you want to use and then click OK.
Step 3: After you click OK, you’ are promoted with a message asking how you want the movie to start in the slide show. I recommend you choosing “Automatically “even if you want the movie to play when clicked. And that’s done.
1. This is the easiest way to put a video to powerpoint.
2. When playing the video that is inserted in this way in the PowerPoint, it only shows the video picture, and only has two control options: play or stop. So you can’t select the playing time freely
3. Only video in formats of AVI, MPEG and WMV can be inserted in this way
4. Always put the video in the same folder as your PowerPoint presentation.If you later move the PowerPoint presentation to another computer, copy the movie too. Keeping your movie in the same folder as your presentation ensures the link will still work. However, you should always test the movie on a new machine just to be certain. Re-insert the movie, if necessary.
Method 2: Windows Media Player Insertion
If you want to view the video in PowerPoint just like viewing in Windows media player, you can try this insertion method.
- Step 1: Enable control. Because the default state in PowerPoint 2007, control function is hidden, we need to enable it firstly as follows:
1. Left click” office” button in PowerPoint 2007
2. Hit” PowerPoint options” to open it
3. In the open box, select” Common” tab, check the option that” show the’ development tool’ option in function area”, at last click” OK”.
Return to the PowerPoint edition interface, there will be a new option-”development tool”.t.
- Step 2: Insert videos.
1. Click” development tool” button to enter its menu layout
2. Select” Other controls” button in ” control” area, there will pop up a dialogue box
3. In the dialogue box, select” Windows Media Player”, click” OK” to close the dialogue box. Then the mouse will become”+”.
4. Drag the mouse, the player interface of Windows Media Player will appear in the PPT.
5. Select the player interface, right click, select” properties”, a dialogue box will pop up.
6. Input the path and name of video file in” URL” option.
7. Close” properties”, and you have inserted the videos successfully.
If you are Mac user, dont worry.Transfer MTS files to QuickTime MOV on MAC, then insert video into keynotes.